How do you choose the right autoresponder for your business?
First, a bit of history on autoresponder email marketing and a definition from Wikipedia.com…
An autoresponder is a computer program that automatically answers e-mail sent to it. They can be very simple or quite complex.
The first autoresponders were created within mail transfer agents that found they could not deliver an e-mail to a given address. These create bounce messages such as “your e-mail could not be delivered because…” type responses. Today’s autoresponders need to be careful to not generate e-mail backscatter, which can result in the autoresponses being considered E-mail spam.
Autoresponders are often used as e-mail marketing tools to immediately provide information to their prospective customers and then follow-up with them at preset time intervals.
Such follow-up autoresponders can be divided into two categories:
- Outsourced ASP model — these autoresponders operate on the provider’s infrastructure and are usually configurable via a web-based control panel. The customer pays a monthly usage fee. This is easiest to implement for the end-user.
- Server-side — enables users to install the autoresponder system on their own server. This requires technical skills.
The most typical autoresponder email marketing tool used by online marketers is the outsourced model, and is generally geared to a particular email list or target market. The concept is simple, a prospect fills out a capture form that is connected to a specific list within your autoresponder. Once this “opt-in” is complete, the sign up automatically triggers an email to be sent to the prospect.
An autoresponder is an important tool that many network marketers and other businesses use everyday, which is why selecting the right one is extremely important. Click To Tweet Not to mention, you want to make this choice once and try to stick with it. The reason for this is that as you begin to build your list of prospects, it may be difficult to move that list from one autoresponder to another.
Here are some of the most important features to look for as you selecting your autoresponder email marketing tool…
- Does the autoresponder let you import leads? This is important if you are trying to move a list into this new service.
- Does the service allow you to have an unlimited number of lists?
- Is the autoresponder network marketing or affiliate marketing friendly? This is very important!
- Some services do not allow affiliate links because they consider them to be spam
- Is there a limit on the number of subscribers? If so, what are the tiers in terms of price?
- Does the service offer customizable lead capture forms and pages?
- Can you call or text prospects from within the autoresponder?
- Does the service have a detailed CRM system that allows you to keep notes and action items for each prospect?
- Does the autoresponder offer a high rate of email deliverability?
- Does the service offer comprehensive statistics you can use to analyze your results?
I have extensive experience with 2 autoresponder email marketing systems that I would like to share with you…
MailerLite is a free autoresponder for up to 1,000 subscribers. One great thing about this service is that there are no limitations to the features as a free member. Once you grow to over 1,000 list members they have affordable monthly subscriptions. Here are just some of the features available with your “Forever Free” subscription:
Lead Import, Unlimited Lists, Customizable Capture Forms & Capture Pages and Comprehensive Statistics
A significant drawback of MailerLite is that they are not affiliate marketer friendly. I know this from first-hand knowledge. I used MailerLite for a long time until I had my account frozen when I started marketing products from a particular seller. So, for all it’s benefits, be careful when choosing this option depending on your situation.
SendPulse also offers a free service for up to 2,500 list members. However you may want to upgrade to get a few of the more advance features. You can grab an upgrade for less than $10 per month. This fee covers all features with no limits to the number of lists or emails and up to 2,500. When your list increases to more than 2,500 members, the fee will increase.
Here are some of the other great features of SendPulse…
Lead Import, Unlimited Lists, Collect custom Data, Track Open Rates & Click Throughs, Customize Capture Forms and Landing Pages, Send Custom HTML Messages, Active Management
There are many other autoresponder services on the market today, some are free and some are paid. The services outlined here have been tested and approved by me so I can personally attest to their quality and value. Remember this is not a decision to take lightly. For a tool that you will use nearly everyday, a comprehensive list of features and dependability should be your primary concerns.
More on autoresponder email marketing… Simple Guide for Email Marketing to Your List
To Your Success,