If you are looking to build a list, build your brand or build any business online, a great place to start is by Building Your Twitter Following.
I have developed a simple, 3 Step Twitter Formula to accomplish this in about 1/2 hour each day. Here are the 3 steps you need to follow:
- Tweet 18-24 time per day
- Follow 100+ people per day
- Interact 10+ times per day
Here are the tools and methods I recommend to complete each task and build your Twitter Following…
I use Social Pilot. This is a Social Media Manager and Dashboard. I use it to create all my posts and tweets. Then, I schedule all my tweets throughout the day and I am done. By simply adding each post to my queue, the program places the post in the next time slot on my schedule and I don’t even have to fuss with choosing a time or day.
Social Pilot saves all of your posts. Therefore, once you build up a nice list of saved posts, you can go back and re-use them. They offer a 10 day trial with full functionality. After 10 days the charge varies depending on your plan level, but I think the $10 per month plan is sufficient.
Click the logo below to get your Free Trial…
If you choose to try SocialPilot, I will help you get everything set up and running at no additional charge.
Using “UnfollowerStats” (https://unfollowerstats.com/) which is actually free for unlimited use with ads. Remove the ads for a $5 Donation. Follow these steps:
- Go to the “Non-Followback” Option from the menu on the left then scroll to the bottom and go to the last page. These are people who have not followed you back for the longest time period.
- Click the “Following” button from the bottom up until you have unfollowed approximately 100 people.
- Next go to the “I-Don’t Followback” menu option. These are people who have followed you but you have not followed them. Click the “Follow” button and follow approximately 50 to 100 people.
Use the Search feature to search for any keyword or hashtag and then click on “People” and start following 50 to 100 people per day.
ManageFlitter is a great tool if you don’t mind spending a couple bucks. I have the Pro plan which only costs $12 per month for 1 Twitter account.
Follow these steps with ManageFlitter:
- Go to Manage>Follow and use the “Followers Of” function to quickly add new followers to your Twitter account. You can also use the Search function to find and follow users based on specific key words or hashtags. Finally use this area to follow people who follow you but you don’t follow back.
- Go to Manage>UnFollow unfollow users who don’t follow you back. I typically unfollow those who have not followed me back within a 6-7 day period.
Click the banner below to learn more about ManageFlitter…
I have found that it is easiest to do all of my interactions directly on Twitter. I start with my notifications for the day. Here is a simple method I have found (if you are doing this on a computer or laptop.)
- First, click on your notifications area and right click on the person’s Twitter handle for all of the retweets for the day and select to open in a new tab. This will open each profile across the top of your screen in separate tabs. Go through each one and like a tweet or 2 and also send them a direct tweet thanking them for retweeting your content. It’s a good idea to show your appreciation by retweeting their content as well.
- Next, do the same thing for everyone who has liked one of your tweets.
- Finally, you always get a notification about new followers for the day, typically with a small circle and their profile pic. Right click on these to open in a new tab and view their profiles. Selectively like a few tweets here and there and follow back if you feel like it.
- If you have extra time, go down your feed and like, comment and retweet on anything that interests you.
So, there you have it. A simple 3 step formula to grow your Twitter audience and build your online authority for whatever business you want to promote.
Download my 3-Step Twitter Strategy PDF eBook…
To Your Success,