Start building your personal email list like a pro!
Email list building is still one of most effective ways to grow any business. According to Lisa Kennedy’s article How to Build a Mailing List Using Subscription Forms, on the SendPulse blog, there are 4 great reasons for building a mailing list:
- Great engagement If someone takes time to share their email address, they are ready to get involved with your product or content.
- High sales Email is the most effective way to sell your product to your prospects and build deeper relationships with them. In fact, for every $1 spent on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $44.
- Valuable feedback You can get valuable customer feedback on your products and services, which will always help you change the approach and improve your campaign if needed.
- Affordability It has become so easy to create an email, especially with drag and drop editors and affordable pricing plans that you can maximize your profit from the campaign at a minimum cost.
This challenge will help you get started quickly and will last about 30 days. You can make it through the entire 30 days without spending a dime, so you have nothing to lose. Plus, you can potentially earn $50 for each new list member.I will not waste your time in this email list building challenge with crazy tricks, we will just stick to the basics and get you off to a quick start. Click To Tweet
Once you complete the initial steps, you will have created your very first Email Campaign complete with your followup letters and landing page and be well on your way to professional email list building. Make sure you go all the way to the end of this article because the next step will be getting traffic to your landing page.
The ultimate goal is to learn the email list building process and then apply it for any offer you have in mind!
Ready to get started with the Challenge?
If you already have a SendPulse account, log in to your back office now. If not, click below to open a free account…
(IMPORTANT: If you were sent here by someone else and still need to create an account, please contact them to get their SendPulse link)
Once your account is setup, follow any specific instructions you receive from SendPulse and make sure to confirm your email address.
Next Step to Your Email List Building Challenge
Step 1: Create a Mailing List
From your SendPulse back office, select “Mailing Lists” from your dashboard on the left of the screen and click New Mailing List. Enter the name for your list “Email List Challenge,” and hit Create. Don’t worry about adding contacts at this time.
Step 2: Create a Subscription Form
This part is a little tricky, but if you follow step by step you should be fine.
Click on “Subscription Forms” on the left side of your SendPulse dashboard and click Create a New Form. Select Form Builder and then select Embedded on the top left as shown in the picture below…
Check the box next to “Email List Challenge” and click Go to Builder.
On the right side of the screen on the design tab, make the following adjustments to the form:
- Under Fields Direction click Horizontal
- Change the width to 600
- Scroll to the bottom under Labels Position and select “Hint Inside of the Field”
Next, on the left side of the form builder, grab the Text Widget that looks like Aa and drag it to the top of the form like in the picture below…
Click in the edit area on the right side of your screen and replace the words “Just a text box” with “Free Email List Building Challenge.” Format the text with Bold, Center and 32px, then change the color to blue or anything you would like.
Directly on the form, click in the box that says “Once a week we send a digest with the most popular articles,” then click in the edit area on the right and replace that text with the following, you can copy and paste right from here…
Join me for the next 30 days and learn how to build your email list like a pro!
1. Get a FREE professional email account from SendPulse
2. Get free detailed instructions for the next 30 days
3. Learn how to build an email list you can use for ANY offer
4. Get a $50 credit towards a SendPulse Upgrade
You won’t spend a dime for the next 30 days
Format your text as desired, or follow my formatting in the text above.
Just 2 more finishing touches before we complete our firm and move on to the settings.
Right click on the image below and select “Save Image As” and save it to your desktop.
Grab the Image Box control on the left side of the form builder and drag it to the right of the header “Free Email List Building Challenge.” On the right hand side click Select File and find the image you just saved and hit “Open” to save it into your form.
Finally, click on the button in the form and on the right side, change the button text to “Submit”
When you are done, your form should look something like this, if not go back to the instructions above and re-check each step…
Step 3: Update Subscription Form Options
- At the top of the form builder, click on Form Options. Next to “Websites for this form” enter the URL for your website or blog, if you don’t have one, you can even enter your Facebook or Twitter profile URL. The program simply wants to know where you might be placing or advertising this form. I entered “https://rjshomebusiness.com” for mine.
- Select “Notification about subscription” and enter “List Building Challenge Confirmation.”
- Select “Text of the confirmation email” and change the email subject to “List Building Challenge Confirmation.”
- In the “Text of the email” area, copy and paste the following text above the button. This is to keep in compliance with GDPR.
- By confirming your information you consent to the following… You would like to receive occasional emails from us about promotions, new products and important updates to keep you in the loop.  You understand we will use your information to show you ads that are more relevant to you to improve your online experience.
- Finally, click on “Confirmation page” and select “Show system page with the message”
On the top right click “Apply Changes,” then click “Save” on the top right of the form builder. If you get a pop-up to copy the code, just close that and then click the “X” on the top right to close the form builder.
Your form is now ready to go!
Step 4: Creating Your Automated Letter Series
On your landing page you promised 30 days of detailed instructions. We will do this by creating a series of automated letters that will be sent to your new subscribers over the next 30 days. Let’s get started…
First step is to get your SendPulse referral link. You can find it by clicking your profile image on the top right of your main SendPulse dashboard and selecting “Refer a Friend.” Keep this link handy because you will need it in the next step!
On the left panel in your SendPulse dashboard, go to “Automations” and follow these steps:
- Click on Create new automation
- Select Sequential Automation
- Under Automated series – click Create Automation Flow
- On the New Automation screen enter the following information
- Automation Name: Enter “Email List Challenge”
- Mailing List: Select Email List Challenge
- Click Show Advanced Settings and check “Resend the automated emails if a user is added to the mailing list again”
- Below the settings you will see the first Automation, complete this information as follows:
- Send Email “Right Away”
- Enter the Subject = Welcome to the Email List Building Challenge
- Click the small arrow next to Select Template and then select Start Designer and click on the “Text” layout
- Highlight and delete the sample email text in the white box and replace by copying and pasting the text for the first challenge letter. See next step #5.
- Click Here to download all of the letters we will be creating. For each step, you will copy and paste the appropriate letter # into the body of the email. Do that now for this first email. After you have copied the text into the body of the email, click “Save and Continue.”
- Follow the steps in this section to create each new letter in our series. When you are completely done, click the “Save and Launch” button at the bottom of the Editing Automated Series screen.
I know it has been a bit of a process to get to this point, but you are now ready to complete the final step…
Get Started Building Your Email List
Step 5: Sending Traffic to Your Lead Landing Page
The first thing we need to do is get the landing page link (URL) you will be sending traffic to. From the left side of your SendPulse dashboard click on “Subscription Forms” and not the link below your Email Challenge Form. Copy, paste and save this link as you will be using it for the next 30 days…
So far, you have created a new Email campaign, setup your follow-up letters designed to keep your subscribers engaged, and created a Landing Page that will be used to capture the email address from your visitors that also want to learn how to build their own targeted email marketing lists.
Your landing page is offering a free method (this blog post) to list building. Your letters are set up to show prospects how to get started using this guide and will be directing them to open their Free account with SendPulse.
As your subscribers follow these they will be opening a new account with you as their referrer. Once they get the hang of it and see how great this system is, they will want to upgrade. When they do, they get a $50 credit towards their upgrade and you earn $50 too!
So you not only make money by sharing this challenge, but then you can use what you have learned to create a list for ANY offer.
Let’s get some traffic for your landing page!
Getting traffic to your page is going to be your primary activity for the rest of the challenge. This is how potential subscribers will see the opportunity to learn more from you about Email List Building.
Let’s start with free promotion on social media:
Post this on your Facebook Profile:
Join me in my Free Email List Building Challenge!
Have you ever wondered how to build your own email list, or why it’s even important? This challenge will answer these questions and give you a step by step guide to get started, plus you will get free education for the next 30 days, without spending a dime!
[your landing page URL – see above]
Post this on your twitter account:
Join me in my Free Email List Building Challenge.
You will get step-by-step instructions for everything you need to know to get started.
[your landing page URL – see above]
Be sure to check your email over the next 30 days for continued training and support tips on email list building and driving traffic to your landing page.
Next Step to Your Email List Building Challenge
It’s time to step up the promotion of your landing page URL. Check out the following articles to get yourself off to a quick start. This is going to require some effort, but you can do it!
Please post any comments or questions below. We love to hear about your success stories and your challenges!
To Your Success,